Friday, January 16, 2009

THE INTERNET BRINGS FAMILY TOGETHER AFTER 26 YEARS

Just when you think that there is nothing that can shake you into realizing how good the internet is something wonderful happens.

Yesterday because of the CCC blog that I have that has been questioned by some of the people at CCC we were able to inform the family of one of our Yo Puedo Group member about family they had lost many years ago.

Abel was contacted by some people in Guatemala who were looking for their family in Corozal, Belize. He passed the information on to me in Corozal around 3pm and as we continued to chat I wondered how I would find the persons whose names he had given me. He reminded me to take down the names of the persons as we continued to chat and as I did so it dawned on me that I may know two of the three children mentioned to him. Iasked him to hold on as I texted my office and got the telephone number for one of my students of 6-1B. I then proceeded to calling the number and my student's mom answered the phone. I told he who I was and asked her if she would not mind giving me her name. She did so and I was amazed to find out she was one of the person's on the list I had been given. I communicated this to Abel and he shared a very emotional time with me as I continued to talk to the woman by phone and him by internet.

As it developed we made arrangements to visit Dona Eva once Abel arrived in Corozal last night.

With tears of joy and a quivering voice, Mrs Eva Dominguez Cano told me how happy she felt at the possibility of contacting her family whom she had lost touch with for quite some time.

Later last night just after 11pm, Abel and I visted Mrs. Eva and shared the information we had. Never a happier moment since January 1, 2009 arrived had I felt where the recipient of the blessing was someone I knew.

The power of the internet is unbelievable. I am touched by the fact that I was able to relocate lost family of one of my own students. I have taught Roger Augustine for the past two years in 2nd and 3rd Year CCC ACE. He is presently attending Sixth Form CJC ACE. Hos older brother Edwin Aroldo had also been a student of mine in 2nd and
3rd Year CCC ACE. He also attended CJC ACE and graduated two years ago.

Thanks goes to Abel Martin for being a dedicated blogger. Mucho Amor, Abel. Gracias a ti una vez mas veo la razon porque estoy a esta etapa de mi vida.
Brenda

No comments: